At Wholesome Health CHiropractic we offer a full suite of service to cater for all your biomechanical needs. Our aim is to provide expert, evidenced based care, that is tailored to the individual needs of every patient that comes through our door. The personal approach to your care and rehabilitation is what sets us apart.
A sports chiropractor focuses on the diagnosis, conservative treatment and rehabilitation of the neuromuscular skeletal system of athletes to ensure they spend more time on the field and less time on the bench.
Chiropractic can be effective in providing safe, natural relief and management of musculoskeletal conditions including headaches, low back pain and neck pain to name a few.
Dry needling is Dr Grace’s weapon of choice when dealing with stubborn trigger points. If you have a reoccurring injury or muscles that just wont relax, then maybe its worth checking Dry needling out.
Rehab and Prehab are fundamental to not only injury rehabilitation but injury prevention too. At Wholesome Health we emphasise a proactive approach by prescribing tailored exercises according to your movement goals.
Chiropractic can be effective in providing safe, natural relief and management of tension headaches and migraines.
If you are prone to getting injured during the season, or at the gym or even sitting at your desk then it is worth coming in for an FBI to identify those body parts you move well and not so well. Click to discover more
Clinical Pilates classes are expertly tailored by our Sports Chiropractor Dr Grace who will identify the areas you need stretched, strengthened and balanced.
Womens health is something we are passionate about here at Wholesome Health Chiropractic. Dr Grace is experienced in providing Chiropractic pregnancy and post-natal care.
Why is Wholesome Health Chiro Different?
We Are Multimodal
At WHC we pursue a multimodal approach to ensure you always get the type of treatment you need when you need it
Our Core Focus
Our focus is movement oriented rather than pain oriented. While we treat pain as a symptom, our focus is on getting you moving like the agile human you are!
Plain as day, we want to help you reach your functional potential. Our unique approach, An individually tailored exercise and treatment program does more than just address your injury.
Longer Appointment Times
All consultations are not made equal. This is why we don’t subscribe to the one size fits all approach. We have a variety of consultation times available to meet your needs.
Condition specific Exercise Prescription
At WHC we encourage a proactive and tailored approach to your treatment and rehabilitation prescriptions. This complements treatment and reduces the incidence of re-injury
- Where your pain is coming from
- What is causing your pain
- How we are going to manage and treat your musculoskeletal condition
- How long it will take to recover
These answers are fundamental to ensure we provide you with the most effective treatment.
Following examination Dr Grace will provide treatment utilising appropriate techniques for your condition often in the form of spinal manipulation, mobilisation, dry needling, soft tissue work or rehabilitation.
When a joint is adjusted you may hear a noise very similar to that of when you crack your knuckles. It is simply the noise of an air bubble within the joint capsule releasing.
Extensive studies have been conducted which have produced a significant body of evidence surrounding the efficacy of chiropractic care. Recent studies have found spinal adjustments are safe, effective and cost effective 1.
Dr. Grace has an interest in paediatrics and has experience treating many a bub and child. She would like to reiterate the risk of an adverse event occurring is RARE2-5. The treatment for an infant or child is modified, often utilising gentle mobilisation techniques, cranial work and massage. It is very similar to paediatric physiotherapy.
- Health Quality Council of Alberta. Satisfaction with Health Care Services: A Survey of Albertans. 2006. Ontario Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) Program of Care for Acute Lower Back Injuries: One-Year Evaluation Report. 2004. Chiropractic in the United States: Training, Practice and Research, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. AHCPR Research Report, 1997.
- Manga P, Angus D, Papadopoulus C, Swan W. The Effectiveness and Cost-Effectiveness of Chiropractic Management of Low Back Pain. Ottawa: Kenilworth Publishing, 1993. Commission on Alternative Medicine. Legitimization for Vissa Kiropraktorer. South Africa, 1987. Thompson CJ. Medicare Benefits Review Committee. Australia: Commonwealth Government Printer, 1986. Hasselberg PD. Chiropractic in New Zealand, Report of the Commission of Inquiry. Wellington: Government Printer, 1979 (see http://www.ccachiro.org).
- Todd AJ, Carroll MT, Robinson A, Mitchell EK. Adverse Events Due to Chiropractic and Other Manual Therapies for Infants and Children: A Review of the Literature. J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2014; 30:S0161-4754.
- Carnes D, Mars TS, Mullinger B, Froud R, Underwood M. Adverse events and manual therapy: a systematic review. Man Ther. 2010; 15(4):355-63. PubMed Abstract |Publisher Full Text
- Miller JE, Benfield K. Adverse effects of spinal manipulative therapy in children younger than 3 years: a retrospective study in a chiropractic teaching clinic. J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 2008; 31:419-423.
Upon successful completion Chiropractors have an ongoing obligation to be government registered and regulated in order to practice as health professionals.
Chiropractors are required to complete continuing professional development courses and seminars to optimise their skills and ensure they are kept up to date with the latest scientific research.
At Wholesome Health Chiropractic we do not send every patient for xrays.